Consigning with Monkey's Kloset gives you the opportunity to sell your gently used clothing, toys, and equipment and receive up to 70% of the sale price at our events attended by shoppers!
Clean out, cash in and have the opportunity to shop the best in boutique and name-brand items at bargain prices before the sale opens to the public!
Consigning with Monkey's Kloset is
EASY, EASY, EASY!
- REGISTER ONLINE FOR YOUR PERSONAL CONSIGNOR NUMBER
- ENTER YOUR ITEMS DESCRIPTION AND PRICES
- PRINT OUR YOUR BARCODED TAGS (ATTACH TO YOUR ITEMS)
- DROP OFF AT THE SALE
- WE SELL FOR YOU AND SEND YOU YOUR CHECK
WHAT YOU CAN SELL OR BUY AT THE SALE:
- Clothing Sizes Newborn to 16/18 (including Women's)
- Maternity Clothing - Current Styles/Classic Styles. Must be less than 3 years old.
- Children's Shoes and Accessories: New or Very Gently-Used
- Accessories: Hats, Belts, etc.
- Toys - All Types/All Ages/All in Working Condition/Must include batteries if needed....
- Outdoor Ride-On Toys
- Outdoor Play Equipment/Playsets/Gyms
- Video Game Systems/Video Games
- Puzzles and Books
- Movies - VHS and DVD PG13- or below
- Music CD's kid-friendly
- Baby Equipment: Strollers, Bouncers, Exersaucers, High Chairs, Booster Seats, Swings, Carriers, Nursing Equipment, Monitors, Mobiles, Comforter Sets and more
- Baby Furniture: Cribs (no drop down sides) Toddler Beds, Bassinets, Port a Cribs, Room Decor, Tables/Chairs, Rockers/Gliders and more
- Costumes: Halloween, Dance, Skating, Dress-Up.
**All items will be in new or gently-used condition and must have been made within the past 3 years. We sell only the best. All clothing items are hung on racks for easy shopping.
**NOTE ON SMALL SIZES:
There is a 50 item limit on clothing in sizes newborn to 12 months (onesies and other small items should be sold in a bundle... No single items due to limited spacing) so pick out your best. NO LIMIT: 12 months and up.
WHAT YOU CAN'T SELL OR BUY AT THE SALE:
- Any item that is ripped, torn, stained, missing pieces or parts or in over-worn condition.
- Any toys on the recall list (see Product Recall link on this page).
- Car Seats - We do not accept car seats due to insurance requirements.
- No cribs with drop down sides.
- Out of Style Clothing.
PREPARING YOUR ITEMS:
CLOTHING - All clothing must be washed, clean and free of ANY stains, damage, excessive wear, piling or offensive odor (smoke, mothballs, pet hair/smells, etc.). Items must be current styles and not out-dated. Clothing must be hung on hangers - no exceptions. Adult size wire hangers can be used even on infant clothing - they will fit fine. You can get these from your dry cleaner or purchase them at the Dollar Store or other discount store such as Walmart or Target. Any other hanger is also
- Inspect all clothing under bright lighting to check for stains
- Wash and dry clothing
- PREP TIP: Use scented dryer cloths for fresh scent
- PREP TIP: Hang immediately on hangers to minimize wrinkles
- PREP TIP: Ironing is not required, but goes a long way in presentation
- PREP TIP:Consider making outfits and selling for one
price. Put together pants, shirt, hat, shoes or any combo
on a hanger. If you bought the outfit with the accessories
sell them that way. Buyers love to buy complete outfits and
you'll garner a higher price. Pin accessories to clothing or
put in a Ziploc and pin to the hanger. Make sure to tape the
Ziploc opening shut so it cannot be opened.
- PREP TIP: Put several of the same item on one hanger
and sell in a bundle (required for 0-12 mo.). Example: 3 onesies or 3 shirts. Note must all be the same size.
SHOES- All shoes must be clean and in excellent condition
with no excessive wear. Soles should be CLEAN with no
signs of dirt.
- Inspect all shoes for excessive wear.
- Wipe down and remove dirt.
- PREP TIP: Place in Ziploc bag or include original box.
TOYS - All toys must be clean and in working order with
working batteries and must include all original parts and
- Wipe down all toys with damp cloth or baby wipe.
- Tape all pieces to the main part of the toy or put in a
Ziploc bag and tape to the toy. Shoppers are rough – they
will separate toys, try them out, etc. If parts aren’t secured
well enough, they will get lost and separated and make it
difficult for your toys to sell.
- Replace any batteries. Dollar store batteries are fine. Item
needs to be working at the sale so buyers can try them out.
- PREP TIP: Consider putting several of the same item in a
Ziploc bag. Example: Action Figures or Matchbox Cars.
VHS/DVDS/CD's - All VHS/DVD/CD's must be in original packaging. No VHS/DVD/CD's without sleeves will be accepted. No VHS/DVDs or CD's that are copied or bootleg versions.
- Check any DVD's or Video games for scratches.
- PREP TIP: Consider putting several of the same genre
in a Ziploc bag for a "lot" sale. But remember to face the
title out so the buyer can see what it is. Tape the open end
of the Ziploc bag to avoid bags being opened.
- PREP TIP: Missing game directions? Try downloading
from the companies website
BABY EQUIPMENT- All Baby Equipment must be clean and in working order. Including original set up instructions is very helpful in selling, but not required. Baby equipment more than 10 years old not accepted unless vintage collectible (example: Pram strollers).
- Wash down ALL areas of the equipment. Wash any
cloth elements that can be washed in washing machine.
- PREP TIP: Missing instructions? Try downloading from
the companies website.
- PREP TIP: Include a printout from website or retail store
that shows the retail value of the item. Buyers love to see
the great bargain they are getting.
- If items have multiple pieces that might get separated (e.g. bouncy seats and their activity bars, the 7 pieces that come with your pack and play, cribs with 8 pieces), make sure that the product tag is on the main piece. Hand write additional tags with your consignor #, the description and mark them with 1 of 8, 2 of 8, 3 of 8, etc.
MATERNITY- All Maternity must be styles less than 3 years old. Must be clean and free of ANY stains, damage, excessive wear, piling or offensive odor.
BOOKS- All Books must be in excellent condition with no rips or excessive wear on covers or writing on the covers or interior pages. A name on the interior cover page is acceptable.
- Inspect books for writing and excessive wear
- PREP TIP: Consider putting several of the same type or
age level into a Ziploc bag. Seal the top of the bag and
make sure the titles are facing out.
General rule of thumb is to prepare items so they are appealing to buyers. Think: Would I buy this for my children?
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT ITEMS IS SUNDAY, APRIL 21st AT MIDNIGHT!!
SHOP OUR SALE!
Women's & Children's Sale
April 25th - 28th, 2013
Gospel Vision Christian Center
9239 Utica Ave, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
FOUR DAYS ONLY!!
Thursday, April 25, 9:00am - 6pm
Friday, April 26, 9:00am - 6pm
Saturday, April 27, 9:00am - 6pm
Sunday, April 28, 12:00pm - 5pm DISCOUNT DAY
(DATES AND LOCATION SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
Register HERE to Consign
Gather & Prepare your Items
Price your Items (online)
Print & Tag Items
Schedule Drop Off Appointment
Volunteer and Earn 5% More
Download our Flyer!
Product Recall Finder
SUPPLIES YOU WILL NEED:
- Hangers – any type – Simple wire hangers are best and will ensure your items don’t fall on the floor during the sale
- White card-stock for printing tags. Can be purchased at Staples or Office Max for about $8.00 for 250 sheets which yields you about 1500 tags. (Go ahead and share with friends)Safety Pins or Tagging Gun
- Tape (Packing tape is best)
MAKING YOUR PRODUCT TAGS
We have an online computer program for you to make your tags. You will input the items’ size, description, and price. Before printing your tags, you will also decide which item(s) you would like to discount or donate.
Discount – all items are sold for full price on Thursday, Friday and
Saturday. Sunday is 50% off day. You can indicate which
item(s) you would like discounted if it is still remaining on
Sunday by clicking the discount box on the tagging program.
Donating – for each item, you can click the donate box
online if you want to donate your item rather than take it
back home if it does not sell.
You must print your tags (6 to a page) on CARDSTOCK is required because regular paper rips too easily and falls off items much easier than heavier stock paper. You can find this paper at Target, Staples or other office stores.
CREATING YOUR TAGS IS VERY EASY AND VERY QUICK......
For clothing: The product tag must be affixed to the item's upper right hand shoulder (when the item laying on the table in front of you) -
Hang the garments on the hanger so that the hanger makes a question mark (?) when the clothing is lying on the table in front of you. See the clothing photo to the left.
Safety pin or tag gun the tag to the clothing. Pants must be hung and cannot be folded over (they will fall off). Pin the waist on both sides to the hanger with safety pins. It works great and your item can be fully seen on the racks
Clothing must be sorted by size and gender before you bring them to the sale. Banding them together with rubber bands is helpful for you and for us and will speed you through the drop off process. Normally takes about 20 to 30 min. for drop off.
For All other Items: The price tag should be affixed
using pins or tagging gun if cloth item or affixed with
packing tape. DO NOT TAPE OVER THE BARCODE.
You must price in $1.00 increments
How you price your items is up to you. The best advice we
can give is consider what you would pay if you were buying
something used. Typically prices are 30-50% off original
retail. (If you are going to donate your items anyway, we
recommend that you do discount your item)
It is rare, but loss and damage can happen. We do all that we can to prevent this including established security procedures and protocols, uniformed and undercover security work the event. As a consignor, you must sign a waiver stating that MONKEY'S KLOSET is not responsible for loss, theft or damage for the items submitted to the sale.
Community Donation Opportunity
In an effort to expand our commitment to helping those in need in the Inland Empire, we are providing an opportunity for anyone, not only Monkey's Kloset sellers, to drop off items they would like to donate. Items may include but are not limited to: women and children's items (clothing, shoes, winter coats and boots, toys, games, hats/mittens, bedding, etc,), adult clothing, coats, shoes and boots, and household items of any kind. Donation items will ONLY be accepted last day of the sale. We cannot accept any items before or after this time. Monkey's Kloset sales person will be outside tagging all items for Donation pick up.
Lastly, because our time is limited to move out of the building, all items remaining after the close of Pick Up time SHARP will be donated. WE CANNOT MAKE PHONE CALLS AND WAIT FOR LATE ARRIVALS. Doors will be closed and locked on time and pick ups will no longer be available. We appreciate your punctuality and understanding.
PICK UP TIME IS SUNDAY, APRIL 28, 2013 FROM 7-8 PM.